How many people actually attended. I know I didn't and hadn't even thought about it since. But I guarantee if you ask any of the powers that were behind they laude it as a great success. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Remember that little 'party' the county had at LPR last summer?
Was it worth $110 000?
But I thought private donations were supposed to take care of the tab? Thus far the county has received $24 000 in donations.
Hope everyone enjoyed their free hot dogs. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
How many people actually attended. I know I didn't and hadn't even thought about it since. But I guarantee if you ask any of the powers that were behind they laude it as a great success. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
[ QUOTE ]
Was it worth $110 000?
[/ QUOTE ]
i say yes....it was very successful, a fitting tribute to the county's birthday. many folks who would never have the financial resources to see a top quality concert got to do so. wise county and our towns need more community celebrations like that, maybe not with such a price tag, but i have no problem with it since it was a one-time expense.
Bookmarks